Sunday, September 12, 2010

We made it!

I have sooo very much I want to blog about, but very very little time! Well, we made it. We are here. As sad as I was to leave Utah and all our family and friends, it feels good to be in law school! Well - good to be here, having Greg in law school. I think he really really likes it. It's hard work - he is studying at the library 6 days a week, leaves before I'm out of bed (but that is partially due to jet lag/newborn nursing throughout the night) and is home for the night by the time I'm ready to be back in bed again. BUT we live in one of the on-campus apartments and Greg's classes are literally a 2 minute walk away - so we get to see him a lot. He comes home for lunch and dinner and a few other little breaks throughout the day. It has made adjusting to being a 1-car family, no adjustment at all, because I get the car all day! Ha!

My mother in law, Roxanne, flew out on Monday with us and was a super super big help to me getting adjusted. We ran lots of errands but managed a quick visit to the coast to check out the beach. I am hoping we just didn't go to a good one, because even though the sand was super soft and nice, the water wasn't very pretty and smelled a little too oceany. We didn't go to swim (are you kidding me, not with a newborn baby!) but Aimee got her feet wet and LOVED it! She kept telling us that she wanted to go back, "I swim in the ooocean mommy."

We are still unpacking - a lot of it is done, if not very organized. I'm getting there. Who would have thought putting your home together would be hard with a new baby and a 2 year old? Speaking of - I feel a bit guilty blogging when I have sooo much to do with the house. Earlier today Greg said, "Why don't you put that little baby (Jack) to bed? I will put Aimee to bed and you can go have a bath." (We have a HUGE jetted tub in our bathroom! Sooo random!) I said, "No, I'd rather clean up and unpack some more" Then he said, "Yes, but the unpacking will still be there tomorrow, a time for a bath might not be"

Good point.

How about some blogging time instead? I've hardly been on the computer to waste time on facebook and read other people's blogs. This is partly because the computer is set up in the office - and this room is a total wreck that I'm not willing to tackle until the rest of the house is done, so I'd rather avoid it all together!

I've met a few other law-student wives that live on-campus. They all seem really nice. Greg has been here a few weeks and so many of the ladies I've met came up to me saying, "Oh it's good to finally meet you!" etc... it was nice, very welcoming.

We all went to church today too. No, it's nothing like the ward in Provo (but really, there aren't any other Provo wards like that ward) but it's nice. Lots of babies! Our nursery has 30 kids in it! I met a really nice girl whose husband just graduated from Ave Maria, took the bar this summer and got a job in Miami. They are moving this week! Oh well - there are still a lot of other young moms in the ward. There is a nurse anesthetist school in the area, and a lot of young families are in the ward because of that.

I've been asked, how do you like Florida? Well, the area we live in is very pretty. Very green, lots of trees, newer homes and shopping centers. But it is hot. Dang hot. AND humid.
Walking outside is kind of like walking into a bathroom after the shower has been running at the hottest temperature it can for an hour. Oh, there is the occasional breeze, which is also very warm. And it rains.... A LOT. Every day this week, massive thunder storms roll in around 2-4 pm, like clockwork. And then it pours buckets of rain for maybe an hour - then stops. We are learning to be done with outside errands by 2 pm.

We are adjusting well. Aimee is as moody as ever, but I think that's partly because she is two. And I am beginning to think that this is also her personality. She lives in the extreme of all her emotions... and we aren't even close to puberty. Those are going to be some good times! Jack is just my sweet baby... when he is asleep. Most of the time he's awake is spent eating, or wanting to eat. And when he wants to eat, man you had better (or rather, I had better) be ready! Because he will tolerate being hungry for like 2 seconds and then it's meltdown time. This kid is noisy too. Noisy eating, noisy sleeping, noisy pooping. My little grunter. I love it!

Well, I think I've exhausted my blogging time. There is still lots to catch up on - Jack's baby blessing and all the pictures... It will get done eventually!!

1 comment:

Classic Jones said...

haha I love the second to last paragraph- especially the last few sentences. They remind me of Brigham, endearingly. lol

So happy things are going well!

We went from 2 cars to 0 cars, and its not bad either!