Sunday, June 17, 2012

Aimee, the Birthday Girl

Aimee turned 4 on the 11th - and to celebrate I went all out. 
Ok, not really - not at all. I had a bit of Mommy Guilt when sometime around June 2nd I realized that Aimee's birthday was coming up and I had no idea what I was going to do for it. I was so last minute putting it together and being the very preggo/husband-less lady that I am - I wanted to keep it as easy as possible. 
A party at the park was perfect! The entertainment was already provided, my house didn't get destroyed, no pinterest-inspired food table to set up and take down. It was GREAT.  

We had pizza, snacks, cake, juice for the kids - I would say the only thing that would have made it better would have been if it were 15 degrees cooler. It was SO dang hot and muggy - even at 10:30, when we started. The kids didn't seem to mind, but I was dying. 

Now for the pics!

Party guests, chowing down. 


The birthday girl herself. 


I love how intense the expression is on their faces!


 Don't mind the food tray - it was blocking the wind





Before we destroyed the cake - thank you Kroger!


Present time!


Love love love how excited she is...



 If I couldn't wrap my head around Aimee turning 4 - this picture helps. She looks so grown up!



 Cash money!

And sometimes it's hard not being the birthday kid. 


I died when I saw this picture of Jack! He was in such a foul mood! He swiped a present of Aimee's and just started opening it. She didn't notice, otherwise I'm sure she would have had a meltdown. The best part is, when Jack saw what was inside (a My Little Pony) he cried and threw it on the ground. Hah.



We discreetly put the My Little Pony in an already opened gift bag. Aimee was none the wiser. 

All in all - success! My only regret, not taking a picture of ALL the kids together. They were so cute and fun. Thanks to everyone that could come (especially so last minute) and for helping out!


3 comments:

Amy D. said...

Seriously, when did birthday parties for toddlers become such an "I'm the better mommy!" competition? If it isn't a catered event with matching EVERYTHING then it is an epic failure. I remember my park birthday parties the most! They are the best! P.S you look great! That is really this first prego pic I have seen of you.

Jarom & Crystal said...

We did a park birthday party for Kaleb's 3rd and it was awesome! I was horrified of the idea of a bunch of little ones running around my small living room. I agree so much easier, just to bring the cake and icecream, we blew some bubbles, kids played, and we called it a day! It was perfect!
Aimee is getting so big. So fun to see pictures of you guys!

Stephanie said...

I love it! Your comment about Addison being mad soooo true!