Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tender Mercies and a Happy 4th!



So I would say that I've been blessed with some tender mercies this summer. I have about 2 weeks to go with this pregnancy and Greg has been out of town for the last 7 weeks. And somehow, we are all surviving!

Greg's been interning for a law firm in Austin and that in of itself has been a huge blessing because it's a paid internship! We would have been seriously scrambling this summer without it. I am soooo very grateful, even if it means I've been parenting solo 90% of the time. With the exception of just 1 weekend, Greg has always been able to come home, even if it's only been for a day. That too - has been a major blessing. The best is seeing the kids react to him coming home. Their little faces just light up!
Greg only has one week left - Hooray! I get to have a husband again! When he is home I forget how much nicer it is to have someone on my "team". Especially getting the bed time routine done... oh, and when I can duck out of the house to run an errand without the kids - sooo priceless. Ever try taking a 4 and 2 year old to World Market or Homegoods? Never ever ever a good idea.

So long as baby girl will wait until this Friday night before she makes her debut - we're golden.

And speaking of that - she is still just referred to as "baby girl" - still at a loss with the name. Maybe it will come to me when I can see her. There a lot of names I like, and I would say for the most part Greg and I like the same names... Maybe the biggest problem is that I just don't spend much time thinking about it.
A few days ago I was on the phone with Greg and while we were chatting Aimee and Jack started to fight (they seem to do this on purspose). I stepped in to referee and said to Greg on the phone, "This is why the baby does not have a name! I hardly get a moment to think about her!"

Seriously, if it weren't for the discomfort, I might even forget that I am about to have another baby. She reminds me that she is there though, with a swift kick to the ribs or an "inside" punch to the crotch. Yep, ok little baby - I haven't forgotten about you.

Today at church we sat in front of a family with a little baby, she couldn't have been more that a month old. 
When I see tiny babies I get so excited! I am really anxious to meet this one. Will she look just like the other two? Will she inherit the red-hair gene? (I kind of hope so - how cute would that be?) She's been soooo wiggly this entire pregnancy. Does that mean she's going to be a hyper baby?? A colicky baby? (Hope not!)

Until she comes we are managing to pass the time staying busy. The kids and I try to get out and do something every day. We swim a lot, go to the library, set up play dates. That's another huge blessing: my friends! So many have volunteered to watch my kids while I went to the doctor - another recently called me up and asked if they could take Aimee for a few hours. Umm... YES! And a few weeks ago my college-roomie bestie came out to visit for a few days. It was SO great!

Hopefully the next post I do will be to announce the new baby! Stayed tuned...





Oh, and just because I have some pics from the 4th, I'll post them. (The quality is pretty crusty - this is just with the point-and-shoot I have - seriously, Greg's iPhone takes better pics)

We treated ourselves to a little trip to the Dallas World Aquarium. It's pretty cool, but kind of pricey. We got there early, which I would recommend because by the time we left the place was PACKED. 



 Nooo! Too much light in the background :(


Gigantic Manatee! He was my favorite... 



And the scariest thing there... A Japanese Crab. Supposedly these guys are actually quite docile, but I would still pee my pants if I ever came close to one in person. 



And afterwards - everyone was all tuckered out. Jack was asking to nap while we were at lunch. We got ourselves some good 'ole fashion BBQ at a very authentic place. I thought it was pretty ghetto but Greg liked it. The cashier looked like he just stepped in from panning for gold. And I don't think the guy busing tables had all his teeth.

Anyway! We were just glad we got to spend part of the day with Greg before he drove back to Austin. :)



3 comments:

Kara Shurtliff said...

YAY! So soon. Good luck!!

Classic Jones said...

Bayba I am so excited for your little girl to come! It sounds so surreal saying that! I am sure a name will come to you when you look at her.

Jarom & Crystal said...

I'm excited for you! Can't wait to see pictures of your baby girl. I agree red hair would be so cute!