Sometimes it's more like a question. She will have grapes on her plate, look up at me while pointing to one and ask, "Ba-bul?"
I will correct her, "Grape."
She then points to another grape and says more confidently, "Ba-bul."
"No, that is a grrrraaaape."
She points to another one. "Ba-bul. Ba-bul. Ba-bul."
Agghhh!!! It is so frustrating to me! And I know she gets frustrated too, when I have no clue what she is talking about.
It seems like she's slowed down in her word-saying skills. Randomly she will copy a new word, but 95% of the time she calls everything "Ba-bul." I don't know how to teach her. We look at books, I point things, tell her the word and she just says "Ba-bul."
She's mastered "Where'd it go?" and "Nigh-nigh-nigh" But she's been saying that for months now. I know she understands most things I tell or ask her. "Go find daddy", "Turn off the light", "Bath time", "Do you want a bite?", "Do you want a drink?", etc...
It is time for her to expand beyond "Ba-bul." Any advice?
3 comments:
I think perhaps you should ban steph from speaking gibberish/asian talk to her... that may do it! haha. jk.
does Ba-bul mean bubble? You wrote she says it about round things sometimes. Maybe blow bubbles with her and tell her its a bubble, then ask her what they are called. I'm no expert with kids at all but maybe you should give her the oppurtunity to "teach" you. Ask her what things are (the things she knows of course) get her back on the learning track by pretty much having her teach herself from her memory.
I thought Nickolas was a little behind on talking and then one day he just took off running with it! He can now have a conversation with me and it is sooo fun!! In time it will come. You don't really need to worry until about 2 years old.
Post a Comment