Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Millions of Peaches

I am bloggy-mc-bloggerson today! But I know our families appreciate the pics and videos - especially since so many of them are far away! (My dad especially!) So a few years ago Greg planted some peach pits along the side wall of the yard. One took and behold! This year we have probably 200+ peaches on the tree! (Last year we only had like 15) 
I actually had no idea that Greg did this. I just noticed the tree last year and wondered where it came from... silly me. 
Anyway! I read online somewhere that you don't wait until the peaches are soft before you pick them. Some of them are just starting to get soft, so we picked about 100 of them this evening. And I bought peaches at Costco today. Go figure. 

I have been soliciting help and advice on making homemade jam (thank you Jessica!). I might give it a shot tomorrow. 

Here are the (ahem) fruits of our labors. Aimee totally went to town and ate a whole peach fresh off the tree! Talk about 100% organic - we never sprayed the tree, so hopefully she didn't eat too many worms. 

(In the last picture I tried the night setting on my camera, the light is better - more true to life, but is blurry, I still need to figure out how to use it)









4 comments:

Laura and David said...

yummy!!

Classic Jones said...

shes hilarious

Jupiter said...

Looks like so much fun! We miss you over here! We will have to get together sometime soon and have a play date for the girls!

Nicole said...

looks yummy!!