Saturday, May 22, 2010

Mommy "tarded" and Shrek

Earlier this week I was on my to a doctor appointment with Aimee along for the ride. I made a wrong turn and said out loud to myself, "Woops, mommy is retarded."

Guess who picked up on that one??

Aimee chimes in from the back seat, "Mommy tarded. Mommy tarded." I laughed and said, "Yes, well... sometimes. But don't say that!" She then started to say, "Mommy tarded, Aimee tarded." "No, Aimee is smart!" But the damage was already done.

That took place on Monday. Since then, she has let me know that I am "tarded" every time we get in the car. She stopped calling herself tarded. Thankfully!

Lesson learned - watch what you say in front of the (almost) 2 year old.

On another note - Aimee had her first movie theater experience today! Now, I am the first to complain about parents bringing little kids and babies to the movies. Specifically movies not intended for kids! AND movies late in the evening. Get a sitter!!
But this is Shrek we're talking about. It's a "kids" movie. We went at 12:20 in the afternoon. And Aimee looooooves Shrek. Maybe this is a bad thing, but she can usually sit through a movie too.

Well, she did awesome. Greg went to get some popcorn and I found us some seats. Aimee was a little freaked out by the huge screen and the volume, but once Greg came back with the popcorn and Icee, she was perfectly content to chill in his lap or mine for most of the movie. About 2/3's in, she started to get a little antsy. She wanted to sit in the empty seat next to me. Which was fine, except she kept looking at the little girl in the seat next to that one. I think she was trying to hold her hand too. But other than that - she was a little movie-going pro!




1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Oh my gosh Emily - I am cry/laughing! I love that Aimee picked up on "retarded." When Drew was that age, he walked around saying "Crap" all the time. But I think "Tarded" is way frickin funnier!