Dishwasher is still full of clean dishes. Put clean dishes away. Wipe down counters. Ignore floor.
Wipe table. Dang it.
When did Aimee decide to tattoo my table?
Pick up the toys.
Disney princesses smile up at me from the floor. Dress up purses crammed with fake food, small books, a calculator, another princess... Put in Aimee's room. Ignore Aimee's room... that's for another day.
Baked brownies. Gave away most of them. Still, ate too much. Never gonna lose that baby weight that way.
I should run. I should do some sit ups. Some push-ups. I should eat better. Tomorrow. Tomorrow I will put on one of those work out videos. I really want a salty snack though...
More toys. More books.
Ignore bathroom.
Plan for tomorrow.
Library. Play group. Exercise?? We'll see. Grocery store.
Waste time on Facebook.
Back aches, mind wanders: Wish I could get my body scanned to make there isn't any hidden cancer anywhere. People always seem to find it too late.
Salty snack. Ate too much again.
More mind wandering:
Am I being a good enough mom? Aimee still doesn't know all her colors. Still uses a pacifier. Still crawls into my bed every night.
Bills to pay. Check bank account. Ouch.
Papers to file. Three unfinished to-do lists. Expired coupons.
Movies out of their cases.
Waste time on Facebook.
Diapers. Laundry to do. Checking the weather... at least there isn't any snow.
Check on the kids. Still sleeping. Still breathing.
Try to fall asleep. Replay to do list. Can't sleep. Waiting for baby to wake up. Hear him stir... get up and check. Still asleep. Still breathing.
Pick up clothes. Throw in new pile on bed. Dirty clothes in hamper. Put Aimee's shoes in her room.
Ignore mess.
Repeat.
8 comments:
Glad to know that we are on the same routine :)
You are an amazing Mommy and I envy how much you are able to accomplish during naptime. SERIOUSLY...I sometimes don't even get a bathroom break before she realizes its much more fun to be awake than to be sleeping! Hope you are able to find the Christmas Spirit in the hot Florida weather..I'll wish for you if you wish for me, K?? =)
Yup, that sounds about right! Also, I'm jealous of your hot Florida weather.
You forgot the kids crying/screaming about 5 times on your routine.
Or is that just mine. Oh, and don't forget nursing.
Man, you really got it right. It's nice to hear it from other people.
So accurate... it's unnerving =). We miss you!
I'm soooo with you on this one! Thanks for this post, it feels good to know I'm not alone.
Post a Comment