
Wow. What a great movie. Definitely not one for the kids though. It was pretty dark and had quite a bit of violence. Happily no inappropriate adult themes. I went in very skeptical that Heath Ledger could appraise the role of Joker, especially because Jack Nicholson played him so well. You will not be disappointed if you see this movie. Ledger was so very very good in that role, much scarier than Nicholson. The downside was Maggie Gyllenhaal. This lady looks like a foot. I mean she is Sara Jessica Parker ugly. Other than that the movie was a perfect 10. There was nothing cheesy about the characters, and they even improved Batman's fight scenes. They look like he could actually be doing most of them. He even gets hit from time to time. Perfectly cast (Gyllenhaal exception) and perfectly executed (again, Gyllenhaal). 10 stars, 2 thumbs way way up. See this movie ASAP.
1 comment:
I agree 100%!
The movie was amazing. Heath Ledger far exceeded my expectations and absolutely stole the movie, so good. But Gyllenhaal...no way Jose! She really was not good for the role, I like her well enough in some of her indie film roles...but this was just all wrong.
Post a Comment