Maybe the Midnight Woogie will not come out tonight! (See a few posts below)
Last night was an especially rough night with Aimee. She was up from 11:30 (ish) to 3 am. I was in tears (again!) after Greg took her. That morning I googled "baby won't sleep" and found a TON of information! If I wanted to drop $25, I too could learn the secret to get my baby to sleep through the night in just 3 days!
Mostly everything I read made me worry about making sure we establish good sleeping habits for her, before it's too late. (Apparently that happens around 5 months) One thing I did read that I tried tonight, was to leave a shirt of mine in the crib with Aimee. Babies recognize scent, especially mama's. Aimee had been sleeping in my arms for 40 minutes or so when I put her in her crib. She woke up within minutes (of course) - but I popped her pacifier in her mouth and put the shirt that I was wearing by her face. She went right to sleep. Amazing! How sad that I can't enjoy this! *Sigh*
1 comment:
Emily,
I'm so happy you started a blog, it looks great! It was so fun to read your posts and remember the newborn days. I can totally relate, especially to the days of not showering till 2:00pm. I'm so excited I get to visit you today and meet Aimee. She's gorgeous, anyway I'll see ya later.
Post a Comment