Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Most amazing declaration of conservatism I have ever heard.

Friends,

I was reading some of the works of Ronald Reagan and came across this speech from 1964 that he gave during the campaign to elect Barry Goldwater. It has been a long time since I have been so inspired. I was amazed that a speech given almost half a century ago could be so relevant today. I am posting the link here and would highly encourage you to read the transcript in its entirety. Better yet, there is video of the speech on YouTube here and Google Video here. No wonder Reagan won his elections in historically large fashions. This is a true conservative. In the most recent elections the GOP, not the conservative movement, was given a drubbing. This has produced some great purges in house and senate leadership, making way for a new wave of highly committed conservatives. The GOP chair will be up for grabs between Michael Steele and Newt Gingrich. The GOP would be fortunate to have either. Fred Thompson is also considering a senior chair position in the party. Let's get Jeff Flake (AZ) and Duncan Hunter (CA) in the mix and pave the way for a return to what gave this country the longest period of peace and economic prosperity we ever experienced. We will have a great opportunity to get large gains in Congress in four years, perhaps even two as president elect Obama will not be able to make good on his claims of health care reform or withdrawing from Iraq. We will probably even get gains knowing that if he makes good on his pseudo tax cuts then jobs will be lost and the American dollar will tank in value. If he does not make good people will know that he is your typical politician with no more intent to keep his promises than Jimmy Carter. This makes the path for a Sarah Palin, or Bobby Jindal, or Mitt Romney more likely. Yes I know I left out Huckabee, remember, I am for conservatism, not Machiavelli in stetson.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

True!! But don't worry, his first and most important thing to cross off his list will get accomplished-closing the terriorist holding camps. Seriously why is he even worrying about that right now?? So wierd.....