Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day 2: Much Harder

People say that their babies cry when they put them in their crib. But do they scream? Like really scream??
Yeah... so I stayed in the room with Aimee for almost an hour. Greg's in there with her now. It's  much harder tonight. I don't know if my being in the room makes it worse. I don't want her to feel abandoned. 
Stephanie and Michael downstairs probably think we are beating her by the way she screams sometimes. 
(Nerves of steel, nerves of steel)
I hope that if we can make it through tonight that the next couple of nights will be better.

2 comments:

Jarom & Crystal said...

I remember the second day was the hardest on Kaleb when we were trying to get him used to the crib too! Hang in there, it will get better.
P.S. I just sent you an e-mail.

Andrea said...

Okay. Adelyn screamed bloody murder when we first let her cry herself to sleep. It was so hard! I felt like the worst mother. We tried to do the Babywise method, and it has worked pretty well, but she still has nights every now and then when she really doesn't want to go to sleep, and it is super hard to let her cry. I just hang on to the hope that it will all be worth it when she starts sleeping all the way through the night all by herself!