So I thought while I have a moment I'd write some updates. Mostly about Aimee, of course. Right now we (minus Greg) are in Florida, hanging out with my mom and sister. Hurray for warm weather!! Hurray for family too! I don't know what it is with me, but lately every time I go to California or here, I end up getting some sort of nasty sickness. So I have been fully enjoying myself, except for this cold/cough thing. It is frustrating though... Aimee JUST got over being sick and now (thanks to me) her nose is running again and she's starting to cough a little. Ugh!!
Despite feeling a little lowsy, we've been seeing the sites and taking advantage of the nice weather. We've gone shopping, hung out at the beach, went to the zoo, out to eat... all that good stuff.
My mom has two cats and a dog. Aimee is in animal heaven. She is absolutely fascinated with the dog (Abby). She has even started saying "doggy" or "oggy" when she sees her. When Abby gets excited, she barks and we yell at her to stop. Aimee started shaking her finger at Abby too, to scold her. It's hilarious!
In addition to sporatically saying doggy (by the way, many of the animals at the zoo were doggies or kitties). Aimee will kind of say kitty. It sounds more like "iddy" or "idda" - but it's close.
Aimee is also really into books. A few weeks ago she started turning the pages when we read to her. She LOVES books with animals or babies. I made her a little book too, with pictures of things we have around the house, including some of her favorite people. She could sit and look at those books for a long time. Sometimes she freaks out if I put them away. Well, she pretty much freaks out any time I take something away from her that she likes.
I will post pictures of our adventure in Florida soon!
1 comment:
Sounds like you are having a blast!
Way to go Aimee for saying words!!!
Post a Comment