"Holy crap! Can't she stay asleep for more than 2 seconds without me holding her???"
Greg has some insightful moments now and then and he said to me, "Someday she won't want you to hold her at all... and you will miss it."
Hmmmm..... I know.
She is getting so big, so fast! She'll be 9 months old in 9 days! I think back to when she was brand new, and recall the feelings I had when I was frustrated then. Looking back, I sometimes ask myself, "What was the big deal? What was I so stressed out about?" I suppose I'll look back to this time in another 9 months and think the same thing.
7 comments:
hey you can leave comments, i just have to clear it first...which means it goes to my emial and i have to click on it...little miss immediate gratification1!!
isn't that so sad to think about!? i think that all of the time. i know you're not big on country music, but have you ever heard the song "it won't be like this for long" by darius rucker? you should listen to it if you haven't.
Too true--it goes by much too fast!
I was having one of those the other day where Claire wouldn't stay asleep unless I was holding her and Brad told me about the same country song that is above. But at the time I couldn't decide if that was such a bad thing! Horrible, I know!
I share a similiar frustration, except Keira won't let me get more than a few feet from her during the day. Half the time she is crawling all over me like she wants to be attached to me. I know when she starts to walk it will be a different story, so I try to enjoy it while I can...but it is aggravating when I can't even do simple things in the same room.
I know-time is going so fast...too fast sometimes. Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the moments and the little things, that I will all too soon miss.
Emily it has been so long since I talked to you. I am glad you are doing well. She is so cute!
I pulled some guilt trips on my mom using that same philosophy. She totally guilted into it too! I'm so mean! :) O the love of a mother :)
Post a Comment