Sunday, October 2, 2011

Busy

So every room in my house is a total disaster. And I don't care! Well, really I do care. But I'm not going to worry about it right now. I am going to sit here and blog.
Wait, I think Aimee is crying...
Back! Yes, she woke up thirsty. This happens every night. Two hours or so into sleeping she wakes up crying and says she's thirsty. We leave water in her room, right by her bed. She is usually super out of it when she wakes up like that though, so I guess she forgets... Not really sure, but she and Jack share a room now, so I won't let her cry, she'll wake up Jack - then he'll start crying, then I'll start crying, and pretty soon everyone is sad and awake.
Since I'm already talking about it, and mentioned it on FB, I'll bring it up here too.
Aimee is having some serious sleeping issues AGAIN.
Will it ever end??
So happy together...

She's been getting up multiple times throughout the night. Sometimes I'll wake up from a dead sleep, wondering why my back is on fire. Oh, it's because Aimee's all wedged between Greg in I in our little queen sized bed. If I realize she's in our room I'll carry her back to hers. Sometimes though, she's sleeping on the floor of our room, or in the doorway. Or halfway under our bed...
We were doing pretty good there for a while, in FL. I guess it's being in a new place again. I thought for sure with Jack in the room too, she wouldn't feel so lonely. It's one of the many things we will be working on over the next couple of months.
Jack getting into tp and dirty laundry...


Ok, so some other things we've been up to... preschool! I am doing a co-op preschool with 3 other moms from church. It's been so great so far! The kids go on Tues and Thurs from 9-11:30. Each mom takes a week and does it out of her own home. There are 4 kids and 4 moms, so we each only teach like once a month. We have singing/dancing time, crafts, snacks, playtime (lot so play time), we practice letters and tracing... so fun! I had my first turn this last week.  There are a million of resources on line to choose from. It was hard for me to focus on just a few things.

First day of Preschool!
While the experience so far has been awesome, there are a few things we are working on.
Like focusing! I know, they're only 3. And it's hard that we're doing it out of home... the toys in the bedroom are easily accessible. And it only takes 1 kid to tip the delicate scales of "paying attention". I wish I had a back yard, because I think they need a major "recess" break - outside, with lots of running!
I was a bit worried about how Aimee would react with me as her teacher. It wasn't so bad really, she did pretty good with following directions. But still, I hope she does better for the other moms. She can be a bit dramatic.

And Little Jack Man. It's hard for me to remember sometimes that he turned 1 almost two months ago! Greg likes to call him our 6 month old 1 year old. Poor guy, he may be doomed to be tiny forever. We are making some progress in the way of mobility! He's been a late crawler, and I'm guessing he'll be a late walker. He's cruising along furniture now. And sometimes he'll just stand up, but usually just because he wants to mooch some food from you. And food... breakfast especially! This baby will eat two eggos and most of a hash brown patty, several sips of my smoothie AND a big glass of whole milk for breakfast.
Aimee loves her baseball
And don't delay with the breakfast. The other day I was having a lazy morning and he had been up for like 45 minutes without eating. Quite suddenly he went into full-on fit mode while I scrambled to get some food on his high chair tray. Oh my gosh... you would have thought he broke his toe he was freaking out so bad!

Lesson learned - breakfast is served within minutes of Jack waking up. Aimee is the total opposite... she is SO not a breakfast person. I have to make her sit down and eat. And even then she'll only take a few bites and load up on milk. Oh well...

Ranger's Game!
 So I feel like I'm slowly finding my niche here in Dallas. It helps immensely that we are busy. Keeping busy is the key! We need something to do (outside the house) every day. On Wednesdays Greg has the car, so we have to do things within stroller distance. Luckily, there is a library less than a mile from our place!! Also - in the center of the sea of apartment complexes in which we live, there is a walking trail with ponds, trees, picnic benches, and probably 1,000 squirrels. It's a great place to kill some time when we need to get out the house and don't have the car.
And - there is the North Park Mall across the freeway. Awesome mall, there is a small children's library inside the mall AND way too many stores I will never be able to afford a thing from...  really, let's face it - I am so not fashion savvy. So I guess it doesn't matter a ton that I will not be shopping at Oscar de la Renta, Valentino, or Salvatore Ferragamo - any time soon, if ever!

School is going great for Greg. He's doing well and staying busy - we have a few late nights here and there, but not nearly as frequently as we did Greg's first year. He says he's just better at finding what he needs to know when he reads his cases. Something that used to take him an hour to read, he can read in like 15 minutes.

I think that about does it for me tonight. It took me waay to long just to do this post. Here are a few more pics - we have friends! Hooray! And we went to the zoo with them a few weeks ago. 





3 comments:

Tiffany&3 said...

#1 - THANK YOU!! I love reading your blogs, because it makes me feel like the absolute chaos that is my home is happening elsewhere!

#2 - When you figure out what works for Aimee, you will have to let me know! Sophia is still getting up 2-3 times a night and almost requires someone else to sleep with her. We are really struggling with this!

Stephanie said...

Yeah you updated your blog with pictures! I love looking at the pictures...they are growing so much!

Meg said...

Love the update! Ethan is the same way when he wakes up in the middle of the night--always screams wildly for milk. Sometimes he doesn't even want it; it's just what he does when he's disoriented!