Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Project Runway: Baby Style

I don't know what the deal was yesterday, but I changed 4 poopie (or is it poopy?) diapers and Greg changed one too. This baby needs to keep it together. 

That's really not what I meant to write about. It's my new 15 minute interest: making a Halloween Costume for Aimee. I know virtually nothing about sewing. But I religiously watch Project Runway, and they make it look so easy, it must be easy... right? I was on the phone with my sister in law the other day and she was sending me to different online sites to see some super cute baby costumes. I absolutely fell in love with the tutu dresses created by sdemke on etsy.com.  But they are like, $70 - or more! That's just craziness. I also really like this pumpkin costume on gymboree.com. They are serving as my inspiration for a pumpkin princess-ish outfit. 

Now that I've started to buy some the materials, I will probably end up spending around $30. Which I think is a lot for something she will probably only wear for like 10 minutes. BUT - it could be used for countless hours of dress up time (with a little modifying) when she's a little older. If they had something like that when I was little, I totally would have LIVED in it! 

Anyway... shopping at the fabric store is like shopping in a foreign store in a foreign country, when you don't know the language. (Lame analogy, I know) The point is, I really had no idea what I needed - or how much of it. Thanks to Rebecca though, (Greg's cousin's wife) she can sew and is helping me with this. 

I am feeling determined to see this project through - and will post the end results. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Luck to you...I'm so impressed. I've always wanted to get into being crafty, but I have no time. Definitely share the results!

Jarom & Crystal said...

I'm sure it will turn out great! I can't wait to see the final result. The hunt for Kaleb's costume continues on for me too. My sister said she had like a baby zoro costume, but she hasn't sent it to me yet, and I'm starting to think I need a back up plan.