Monday, September 15, 2008

Why I hate WalMart and other annoying things

It was just one of those days... you know? I ventured to WalMart, which I don't ever like to do, especially with a baby. Why is that the WEIRDEST people gather at WalMart? And it's always packed. ALWAYS. 
I always end up grabbing the cart with the broken or very loud wheel and get stuck behind people driving those little motorized carts rrrreally slow. I did manage to make it inside without getting solicited or hit by a car, so that was a plus, but things went downhill quickly from there. All I wanted to get were some "D" batteries. That's it. I go to the battery section and there is an entire shelf space dedicated to D batteries, but not ONE pack is to be found! I was so mad! They had like 50 of every other battery size, and all these obscure battery sizes, but no D's. 
I was fully annoyed the rest of the trip. And thought about lots of other things that annoyed me. (I know that this was just making it worse, but I couldn't help it) 
Not that anyone else really wants to know, but I felt like sharing my pet peeves in today's blog (in no particular order). 
1. Squeaky/broken shopping cart wheels
2. People that forget their blinker is on after they change lanes
3. Lifted trucks with flames painted on the sides
4. Pictures/photos are squished or stretched to fit the desired space (sorry Greg)
5. Skanky girls that dress skanky
6. Tigger (yeah, everyone else seems to like him, I really can't stand him - why can't he leave poor Rabbit's crops alone???)
7. Country music
8. The Illusionist (laaaaame movie that lots of other people liked! WHY??)
9. Word clip art
10. Christmas music/movies outside of the Christmas Season (let's keep it within November - early January months, ok?) Also - when people leave Christmas lights up well into February.

There... I better go and write something more positive tomorrow!

5 comments:

Clint and Jen said...

Your post cracked me up. I despise Walmart, in fact, Clint has gone as far as to ban it completely, even though they do have low prices.

Robert and Bethany said...

Dude Bayba I feel you on this one. Everytime I have gone to WalMart they never have what I am looking for and their employees are never helpful. I also share these other pet peeves with you. Vent anytime to me, I'll agree with you.

Lynne said...

Walmart is DIRTY. And amen on the skanky girls who dress skanky.

Jarom & Crystal said...

This post is so funny! I love it when your flat out honest! I'm all for venting sessions. I also hate being stuck behind rrreally slow moving people!

Anonymous said...

Haha, agreed. I haven't been into a walmart in a very long time...I made a vow, about a year and a half ago, to never shop there again as part of my vow to 'buy local, harm no one, use my money as a vote' campaign. Your post is funny! I find that my list of things I find annoying is getting out of control. How's Aimee?! :)