I feel like with every post I have to begin it with an apology for taking so long in between posts. Sorry!! I know grandparents and several aunties in particular like updates. I need to back track a little - we've been busy!
The last weekend in September, my sister and her husband Chris came down for a quick visit. It is nice when they come, they pretty much take care of Aimee for the weekend! Minus poopy diaper changing - that is where they draw the line. But Steph and Chris will feed her, change her, and play with her non-stop. The kind of constant-attention-super-enthusiastic-playing that exhausts you. Steph has had this conversation with me before:
"Aren't you totally exhausted by the end of the day?"
"Sometimes..."
"I don't know how I'm going to be a mom - I am so tired by the end of our trip."
See the thing is, if I could play and be so constantly enthusiastic as they are with Aimee, all day and EVERY day - I would be the ultimate super mom. But sometimes Aimee gets to watch her "shows" for an hour (or a little more) a day. Sometimes she gets to play with her toys by herself while I fold laundry. They will learn...
Anyway! I am rambling. While they were here we drove up the canyon and took some pictures. The leaves were just starting to change.
Bridal Veil Falls
Into the Canyon
Steph, Chris and Aimee at Squaw Peek
No comments:
Post a Comment