An 8 hour drive is 8 hours too many.
Greg asked me if the trip to Lake Powell on the way to California was worth the frantic last minute packing. I told him I'd let him know once we made it to California. I had no idea that the drive from Lake Powell was pretty much just as long as the drive from Provo. In fact, to get to so cal from Powell, you back track all the way to St George. St George is only like, 3 hours from Provo. We didn't get there until 4 pm. Aimee was starting to wig out, and I was almost ready to just head north back home. But we persevered the other 6 hours. It was a looong trip. I felt so bad for Aimee. She wouldn't fall alseep!! We had to pull over at random rest stops a couple of times to take her out of her seat and walk around with her. We made it to Greg's parents house around midnight Utah time. It took a while for Aimee to unwind. She screamed like I've never heard her scream before. But when she did fall asleep, she slept completely through the night and slept most of the next day.
So was it worth it? Well, yeah it was cool to go to Powell. But next time, we break up the dive into 2 days.
2 comments:
Aimee is so cute!! I love the pictures of her, especially the adorable swimming suit picture. That's so cool you guys were able to fly in a jet, how fun!!!
P.S. Kaleb has tagged Aimee, so you get to post 7 things about her, and then tag someone else.
Post a Comment