Saturday, August 9, 2008

Since you asked...

Thanks for the question Alicia. Yeah, I went back and read some older posts - I did mention Aimee's sleeping patterns quite often. 

She's about 2 months old now and yes - there has been an improvement! She usually will go to sleep around midnight and sleep until like 5 or 6 am. It's nice! I will feed her and then she goes back to sleep until around 9 - sometimes 10. It is a great improvement from 3 weeks ago. 

Now our challenge is to get her to sleep in her crib. Seriously, as soon as she is put in there she wakes up. I think the longest stretch we can get her to sleep in there is 3 hours. She can sleep the day away in her swing. But her pediatrician said that we should get her to sleep in the crib - since she's in a "sitting up" position in the swing and her neck is usually a little squished. Also - we want to avoid "flat baby head" syndrome. 

Aimee also sleeps great in our bed. It's my fault - I know. When she wants to eat super early in the morning I usually just let her stay in bed with us. So Andrea - be wary! It's already a hard habit to break. Especially when you're super tired and you know the baby will go to sleep if you let her stay in bed with you. 

Well, even as I write she's waking up from a nap attempt in the crib. Gotta go!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks great that she's sleeping better :) It's seems as though each baby is completely different. Since I am not actually a mom and just a nanny...lol, I've missed on out the nighttime sleeping stuff (I just hear the stories). But during the day, for his first 3 months or so, all Gavin wanted was to be swaddled up tight to sleep in his swing. It's amazing how they love the swing. He's 9 months now and he sleeps the whole night in his crib...so there's hope for you! It sounds like you are doing really well though! I love seeing pictures and hearing about Aimee though, she's absolutely adorable!

Nicole said...

Man the swing was so great for us. a great way to avoid flat head is not letting her ever sleep in her crib! They get flat head from the crib mattresses the most. I had one of those boppy nogging nests in my swing and cole loved it. he slept in the swing until 10 months, then we made him cry it out. he would cry for like 3-4 hours for 2 or 3 days. then he started going from 7:30-7:30. So there is a light at the end of the tunnel!! Just wait until she's a little bigger......

Classic Jones said...

HEy Em, you should check out my blog too!