Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A weekend without television...

OR Internet!! So we were without both starting at around 9 am on Thursday through Saturday night. 

And the really crappy thing was that I was bidding on a Baby Bjorn AND winning! I had 1 hour left on the bid when we lost the connection. I should have gone to someone's house to find out if I won, but you know... the baby and my lack of "ebaying" experience kept me stalling. Turns out I won, but I needed to respond within 24 hours of winning. So I lost the baby bjorn to the second highest bidder. But I emailed the seller, explained everything and they gave me positive feedback anyway. 

So that was just one of the things I missed out on while the internet was down. That, and "So You Think You Can Dance". I really like that show, minus Mary Murphy. She's CRAAAAAZZY!! Anyone who's seen the show knows, and if you're not a Mary Murphy fan (or if you are a fan of "The Soup"), you need to check out this link: 

I thought I would be more productive without the internet and TV there to distract me. Turns out, I just kept thinking about all the things I wanted to do online when I didn't have access.  I think I was relatively productive... I can't really remember. I did start reading, and finished today, the last of the Twilight series. Yes, it's totally a guilty pleasure. Kind of like chocolate and Taco Bell. No worries all you Twilight fans, no spoilers here. I thought the book was "ok." I think the 1st and 3rd were better (I've heard lots of others say this as well). I found myself hurrying through it, just to get it over with at the very end.

Woops, fussy baby. Gotta go.

No comments: