Thursday, October 9, 2008
Proposition 8
We live in a time that is a fulfillment of the Book of Mormon. Judges and secret combinations conspire to set at naught the things of God and his people. Just as this country was set up to be a place free from opression of belief, it was also set up to be a place for free excercise of belief. We must not be drawn into the falsehood of a tyranny of tolerance. This says you must accept the lifestyle and decision making of any person, regardless of the impact it has on you and your family. In California the tyranny of tolerance is in full swing. I want to address the motive of this false religion. There is no altruism or goodwill behind opponents of proposition 8. Those force their minority ideas on the majority are in the game of gaining, maintaining, and expanding power, like the conspiring figures of corrupt history. Those who actually engage in the lifestyle seek for mankind to legitimize an illegitimate lifestyle. Just as much as it is the right of an individual to choose to express themselves the way they want, it is the right of all. As Californians voted to preserve the institution of marriage between a man and a woman, they were overturned by 4 individuals. The California Supreme Court is more akin to the Trix rabbit who says, "Sorry voters, decision making is for judges," than a body of legal experts. And let me get out one final thought directed towards members of the LDS faith. There can be no justification to oppose this measure. There seems to be a disease infiltrating the church sponsored universities that finds its way into the hearts of those seeking for a way to avoid conformity with eternal teachings. A few weeks ago I read an article in the BYU newspaper from a member of the BYU faculty expressing that because the church takes no position on the subject of abortion then it is not incorrect, doctrinally speaking, to be in favor of abortion rights. The same exists on the issue of Prop 8. I hear doctrinally immature students and faculty alike justify their secular positions by saying they do not mix religion and politics. I say that if the two are contrary then you are attempting to serve two masters. Eventually you will come to hate at least one. President Hinckley pleaded with us to be smart, prayerful, and humble to God and his servants. The call is issued. A living prophet has foretold of the consequences of disobedience to God's commands. Like father Lehi, Samuel the Lamanite, and Nephi of old we have been warned. There is no reason for us to incur the wrath of a just God right now. The economy sucks enough as it is. Visit the new church site Preservingmarriage.org for more information, oress releases, and testimonials.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
BRAVO! Can you please publish this article in a california news paper? I heard a true story about a christian guy in conneticut where gay marriage is legal now that he requested teachers to tell him when they would be teaching their kids about gayness, so he could pull them out, and HE GOT ARRESTED for not being tolerant, etc. I think gay is the new code for gadianton robbers...yikes
Hey Emily! I love your family picture. Your cupcake flowers look cute. I'll try and add Laura
Way to go Emily! Yes on Prop 8!!!
P.S. I also love your family picture on your blog title.
I love this...seriously, I'm posting a link to it on my blog.
Post a Comment