Friday, August 22, 2008

So Cal Summer Vacation!

The 2 Month Old Jet Setter
It's been a while since I've had a chance to write! Greg and I are in Southern California right now - we came about a week ago. We weren't planning on coming so early, but I had the opportunity to take a private jet to Lake Powell (craziness!!) but had to leave Friday evening. With 1 hour to pack for our whole trip, it was a little crazy. Why a private jet you might ask? Well, my bro in law Ryan was staying with us in Utah for a few days so he could fly with some relatives (the Roneys) to their Lake Powell house for the weekend. He was supposed to leave early Thursday - but there was some miscommunication between him and Trevon (the cousin his age - teenage boys, go figure) and Ryan was forgotten and left behind. Well, when the family realized what happened they felt super bad and offered to send a jet to pick up Ryan. Greg offered to drive Ryan down, since we were going to head south anyway - but Trevon's dad insisted and instead offered to give Aimee and I a lift to Lake Powell on the jet. This also worked out for the Roneys, they got their oldest son, Britton, his wife Hilary, and their new baby, Nora to catch this flight and come down too. So, like I said, I had about an hour to pack for the two of us. Greg was going to get up at 4 am the next day to drive down and get us - from there we would finish the drive to Southern California. I was so stressed packing! I really like to take my time and double check everything. I was just throwing clothes and diapers in bags, plus making a to-do list for Greg of stuff he needed to get done before he left the next morning. But we made it to the airport - and we're here in California, so I guess I did ok.


The jet ride was pretty sweet. It was a smaller jet, I think it only seats 6 people. It was only a 45 minute flight, and Aimee fell asleep almost right away. So, not too shabby! We played games in the evening and Aimee and I got to stay in the outerspace room. (Each room at the house is themed) It was so cool! The next day Greg arrived, just in time for us to take a quick swim before heading on the road.


Aimee really like the pool - for about 15 minutes! She kept smacking her lips when the water touched them. I think she would have tolerated it longer if there was more shade.

















Check out that sweet view!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I hate fast packing! It makes me so nervous and I end up packing way too much stuff and always forgetting my toothpaste. Sounds like you did well though!